For three consecutive years (2010, 2011, 2012) MES’s Pillai College of Education and Research, New Panvel, Post Graduate Dept of Education (M.Ed.) – has bagged “The Principal K. M. Kundnani Gold Medal Jointly with University of Mumbai”.
On 27th January, 2016 the entire arena at 6th Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad, Nation’s largest Youth Parliament roared with applaud as our student- Ms. Teena Jonny delivered the inaugural speech on about the role of Indian youth in politics which was well received by the audience. She took the opportunity to express and focus on the social issues of critical importance. To opine about the need for stronger states to build a stronger India, or the importance of national integration through culture and constitution, she stressed that our country desperately needs some young leaders who personify energy, enthusiasm, morality and diligence.
Ms. Tehseen Mukadam and Mrs. Nausheen Pathan bagged the 1st and 3rd prize respectively at the Mehendi Competition held at Valuer, PCER, Chembur.
Our students Vimita Prabith, Prateeksha Kedare, Kanta Kumari, Aqsa Shaikh, Tehseen Mukadam, Nausheen Pathan secured the third position at the Group Dance Competition held at Valuer, PCER, Chembur.
Mrs. Vimita Prabith bagged the third prize at the Poster Competition at PHCER, Rasayani (9th and 10th October, 2015).
Ms. Deepa Bal secured the third position at the Essay Writing Competition at Valuer, PCER, Chembur. She expressed her ideas on the topics ‘Values in Digital Era’.
- We rejoiced the triumph of our girls Anita Vadenere, Lopamudra Dutta, Madhurima Adak, Payal Sarawgi, Pooja Patel, Ridhima Thapa, Shweta Pandey and Srilakshmi at the Uber-Rang talent hunt competition held on 24th January 2015. They presented a Bihu folk dance and secured the 2nd position. The event was organized by Mahatma Education Society and provided a platform to students to showcase their hidden talents.
- Lopamudra Dutta, Madhurima Adak, Ridhima Thapa, Shweta Pandey and Srilakshmi gave us another moment to feel proud by securing the 3rd prize at the Folk dance competition held in Gokhale Education Society’s College of Education and Research, Parel on 24th February 2015. They gyrated to the tunes of a Bengali song and performed a Bihu folk dance.
- Mrs. Rinki Kumari secured the 2nd position in Hindi Essay writing competition and Ms. Surabhi Deherkar won the 2nd prize in the English Essay writing competition at Valeur’ an intercollegiate fiesta, hosted by PCER, Chembur held on 13th September, 2014. They expressed their views on the theme “Values” through their writings.
- Mrs. Manju Rani won the 3rd prize in Hindi Essay writing completion while Mrs. Rinki Kumari won the 2nd prize in the Hindi elocution competition held at Lords Universal College, Malad on 28th January, 2015. Expressing their strong views on the theme ‘Peace Education’, they added a feather on our cap by winning accolades for their views in the competition.
- Mrs. Shraddha Kemble secured the 1st position in Handwriting competition held by Karnala Sports Academy on 26th December 2014.
- Madhu Singh, Lopamudra Dutta and Ringamphi Luithui secured the Third position in a Contest organized by Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Mankhurd on theme ‘Innovative – Learning Practices in Science or Mathematics on 27th February, 2015. They presented an innovative method in teaching of Science, titled ‘K-Quest’.
- On 10th January 2015, Ms. Khyati Raja delivered the inaugural speech at the 5th Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad, Nation’s largest Youth Parliament.
- A moment of pride: Ms. Khyati Raja from B.Ed. represented Pillai College of Education and Research as Student Leader for Nation’s largest Youth Parliament, the 5th Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad at Maharashtra Institution of Technology (MIT) in Pune, Maharashtra. She had the privilege to deliver the inaugural address to a gathering of more than 5000 student leaders gathered from different corners of India.
- Ms. Alpana Sharma secured the 2nd rank in the M.Ed. University Level Examination 2013-14. She scored the O grade with a perfect 7 grade point.
- On 5th January, 2010, our student Mrs. Sadaf H. Khan won the consolation prize in the Solo dance competition at Jallosh – 2009, a cultural festival organized by H. B. B.Ed. college, Vashi.
- On 26th December, 2009 the ‘Kala, Krida Sanskrutik Mohatsav-2009, organised by Karnala Sports Academy, Panvel, our students headed by Ms Jyoti Pujari participated in a group dance competition at the Taluka level and secured the 3rd prize. This group of B.Ed. students had presented a graceful dance on Rajasthani folk-beats which kept the audience spell-bound.
- Ms. Ketaki Thigale and Ms. Vrushali Tupe received mementos and certificates for their excellent compeering in the cultural festival, ‘Malhar’ at C. K. Thakur High School, New Panvel.
- Ms. Ketaki Thigale received a memento and certificate for compeering at the Karnala Queen Contest at Karnala Sports Academy, Panvel.
- On 5th January 2011, our student Ms. Nandita Shah won the second prize in the Solo dance competition at Jallosh – 2010, a cultural festival organized by H.B. B.Ed. College, Vashi.
- On 30th December, 2010 at the ‘Kala, Krida Sanskrutik Mohatsav’, organised by Karnala Sports Academy, Panvel, our students headed by Mrs. Agy Shaju participated in a competition on ‘Mahila Kalavishkar’ at the Taluka level and secured the 3rd prize. This group of our B.Ed. students had presented a skit which helped spread awareness on HIV-Aids.
- Ms. Vrushali Tembe and her team bagged the second prize in the Tug-of war competition organized by the Raigad District Association at Karnala Sports Academy.
- Mr. Sujan Sing Patil secured the second position in carom competition held on 16th January, 2014 at Sainath College, Vashi.
- The Principal Mathews Chacko Memorial Intercollegiate Extempore Competition was held on 12th September 2009 at Pillai College of Education and Research, Chembur. The theme was The Environment – “Weed out Greed, The Earth Is In Need.” Our students Ms. Nikita Joshi bagged the 2nd prize in the Marathi section.
- On 12th August 2009, the Annual All India Essay-writing Event commemorating the International Youth Day was presented by Shri Ram Chandra Mission in Collaboration with the United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan. Ms. Deepalakshmi bagged the first prize and Ms. Shashikala got the second prize.
- On 18th September 2010, Ms. Nandita Shah and Ms. Namrita Rastogi participated in the Principal Mathews Chacko Memorial intercollegiate Extempore competition organized by Pillai College of Education and Research, Chembur. The theme of the competition was ‘Save our mother Earth’.
- On 2nd October 2010, Ms. Reena Sharma, Ms. Namrita Rastogi, Ms. Neelima Powar and Ms. Komal Ghone participated in the intercollegiate debate competition on the theme ‘Gandhiji ke vichar vartaman kaal mein prasangik hain’ organized by Lion’s Club of New Panvel at I.T.M. College Campus, Kharghar on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- Ms. Laxmi Ganiger (Eng. medium) and Ms. Richa Dubey (Hindi med.) won the 1st and 2nd prize respectively in the ‘Principal Mathews Chacko Memorial Intercollegiate Extempore Competition’ organized by Pillai College of Education and Research, Chembur on 17th September, 2011. The theme of the competition was ‘Save our Mother Earth: Celebrations with Environmental Consciousness.
- Mr. Rajesh Kumar and Ms. Susanna Johnson bagged the first prize in elocution competition in Hindi and English respectively in the ‘Principal Mathews Chacko Memorial Intercollegiate Extempore Competition’ organized by Pillai College of Education and Research, Chembur, on 15th September, 2012. The theme for the competition was “Values”.
- Ms. Alpana Sharma won the first prize in elocution competition under the theme “Values in Jainism” in Dinesh bhai Mody Intercollegiate Elocution Competition organized by Department of Students Welfare at the University of Mumbai on 27th September, 2012.
- Mr. Rajesh Kumar and Ms. Alpana Sharma won the first and third prize respectively in Debate competition organized by Ramseth Thakur College of Commerce and Science, Kharghar, on 5th January, 2013. Where Mr. Rajesh spoke very effectively against the topic “Freedom of Speech- Are we enjoying enough?”, Ms. Alpana spoke in favour of “FDI- Good or Bad for Indian Economy”.
- Mr. Rajesh Kumar bagged the first prize in elocution competition under theme “Is corporal punishment necessary?” and Ms. Ananya Raha won the first prize in Essay writing competition under theme ‘Is today’s youth useless or used less” at the inter-collegiate festival ‘Alegria- The “Festival of Joy 2013” organized by Pillai College of Arts, Commerce and Science on 28th January, 2013.
- Mrs. Sudha K. of the B.Ed. section secured the second position in Inter-college essay writing competition at Alegria – The Festival of Joy at Dr. K. M. Vasudevan Pillai Campus, New Panvel. The event was a youth festival organized from 28th January to 1st February, 2014.
- Mrs. Devanshi Praveen bagged the University gold medal at the Masters in Education Examination, (2009-2010).
- Mrs. Devanshi Praveen received the gold medal at the convocation ceremony at the Fort campus of the University of Mumbai from the Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Rajan Welukar on 28th January, 2012.
- Mrs. Vinita Desai bagged the University gold medal at the Masters in Education Examination, (2010-2011) University of Mumbai. PCER students brought overall three distinctions at the University M.Ed. Examination held in May-2011 and the rest passed in the first class.
- Mr. Anthony Gonsalves bagged the University gold medal at the Masters in Education Examination, (2011-2012) University of Mumbai.
- The Annual All India Essay-writing Event 2010 commemorating the International Youth Day was organized by Shri Ram Chandra Mission in Collaboration with the United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan. Our student Ms. Nandita Shah bagged the third prize in the post graduate regional level.
- The annual extension festival ‘Udaan – The Flight of Extension, 2010’ was held on 8th February, at Aanandibai Pradhan Vidyan Mahavidyalaya, Nagothane. Fifteen of our students participated in a street play competition on the theme, ‘Status of Women’ and won the First Prize among eleven other participating colleges. The street play titled ‘ek pahul prakashakade’ depicted the status of women in Indian society. Our student Nilesh Kathara won the third prize in the Poster competition which was also based on the theme – ‘Status of Women’.
- In January 2011, Nanita Shah (B.Ed.) was selected at a student leader for the Youth Parliament, the first Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad at Maharashtra Institution of Technology (MIT) in Pune, Maharashtra. She shared the dais with Mr. L. K. Advani and expressed her views on social issues.
- The annual extension festival ‘Udaan – The Flight of Extension, 2011’ was held on 15th February, at Rayat Shikshan Sanstha’s Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil College, Vashi. Fifteen of our students participated in a street play competition on the theme, ‘Information Technology’ and won the Second Prize among eight other participating colleges. The street play titled ‘ek kadam tarakki ki aur’ depicted the significance of IT in various spheres.
- Our student Vaishali Waghmare won the consolation prize in the Poster competition which was based on the theme – ‘Status of Women.’
- In January 2014, Shaily Shah (B.Ed.) and Alpana Sharma (M.Ed.) got an opportunity to represent Pillai College of Education and Research as Student Leaders for Nation’s largest Youth Parliament, the 4th Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad at Maharashtra Institution of Technology (MIT) in Pune, Maharashtra. They expressed their views on current issues of our country.