Guidelines & Responsibilities
The Pillai Education Alumni Association, Panvel carries forward the interest of our parent college, Pillai College of Education and Research, Panvel, its alumni as well as current students.
- President: The President of the alumni association controls the activities of the association, to look after the daily functions of the association and to provide guidance for the same. Check the records of the various aspects of the association, to call for the annual general meeting of the association with at least 1/5 of the members present to discuss various aspects of the association.
- Secretary: The Secretary of the association looks after the income and expenditure of the association, to keep in order the financial documentations of the association, to entrust 2 or 3 able members to take care of the same. The role also includes taking care of any communications between the association and members, to take care of the working of the sub-committees and to take care of the registers and other correspondence. To make sure the objectives of the associations are carried out without any problems. To follow the orders of the President of the association and call for meetings of the association at appropriate times. To maintain the records of the meetings with signatures of all the members present. The Secretary role also includes dispensing petty cash for any emergency that may arise at the association. The Secretary also presents the annual report of the association at the alumni meetings.
- Joint Secretary: The role of a joint secretary is to take care of all the responsibilities of the Secretary in his/her absence and to work under their supervision.
- Treasurer: The role of the treasurer includes taking care of all the financial aspects of the association as given by the Secretary of the association, to dispense off the expenses correctly and to check the balance remaining. To keep and maintain all books of records. To present the annual financial report to the Secretary to be presented at the alumni meeting.
- Joint treasurer: The joint treasurer will take care of all the responsibilities of the Treasurer in his/her absence and to work under their supervision.
- Other members: To be present at meetings and to help with the working of the association. They are to participate actively in one or more committees of the association, attend, support and participate in programs. Attend scheduled meetings, workshops or other special association activities.
The committee members and officers of the associations are elected for a period of 5 years. At the end of the 5 years, fresh elections in a democratic manner should be held to form a new committee with various office bearers.
Agenda for a meeting is decided by the President and Secretary and this is circulated among various members in advance. The Secretary keeps the minutes of the previous meeting; Committee/Event Chair – committee/event reports.
The meeting includes
- Adoption of Agenda
- Reading of minutes of the previous meeting
- Committee reports
- Plans for future and discussion
- Adjournment of the meeting