- Semester End Examination at the University
- One Class Test per paper
- As per the University Examination Schedule
|Semester||Duration||Term End Exam|
|I||1st week of July to last week of November||Last week of November|
|II||Mid December to last week of April||Last week of April|
A student shall be allowed to keep term for Semester II irrespective of number of heads of failure in the Semester I.
The performance of the learner shall be evaluated shall be evaluated in two parts:
- Internal assessment with 500 marks by way of continuous evaluation of the course areas as envisaged in the credit based system by way of participation of learners in various academic and correlated activities in the given semester of the B.Ed. program.
- Semester End Assessments with 500 marks by way of assessing the performance of the learner in the semester end theory/written examinations.
|O||70 & Above||7|
|A||60 to 69.99||6|
|B||55 to 59.99||5|
|C||50 to 54.99||4|
|D||45 to 49.99||3|
|E||40 to 44.99||2|
|F (Fail)||39.99 & below||1|
|% of Marks||Grade Points||( I + II) / 2||Grade|
|Sem. I + Sem. II||Sem. I + Sem. II||-||-|
|70% & above||14||7||O|
|60% to 69.99%||12-13||6||A|
|55% to 59.99%||10-11||5||B|
|50% to 54.99%||8-9||4||C|
|45% to 49.99%||7-6||3||D|
|40% to 44.99%||5-4||2||E|
|39.99% & below||Fail||1||F|
M.Ed. examination schedule – conducted by the University of Mumbai in the month of May on the dates specified by the university.
Standard for passing the examination
To pass the examination the candidate must obtain:
- In Part A – minimum 40% of marks seperately in each paper and 50% of marks in the aggregate.
- In Part B – minimum 50% of marks. With respect to the total marks obtained by the candidate in Part A of the examination (out of total 600) and in Part B (out of total 200) class will be accorded to the candidates as follows:
|I Class with Distinction||75% and above||600 and above|
|I Class||65% to 74%||520 - 599|
|II Class||55% to 64%||440 - 519|
|Pass Class||50% to 54%||400 - 439|
|Fail||Below 50%||399 and below|
The class will be awarded on the basis of the total performance of Part A and B.